Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Crowd or The Cross

I haven't been real on top of my blogging but I think I am on my way to getting back on track! Last week at Render Pastor Jeremy shared this wonderful video with all of us. Check it out!! The message below is included in the video. It really made me think and it opened my eyes to the reason I can't find REAL joy in earthly things! Without The Cross I am nothing. I just can't care about the crowd any longer. This seems like a good place for new beginnings... here I go!

:)

The Crowd...or The Cross?

Two Voices Which is louder to you?

The crowd says follow us.
The Cross says follow ME.

The crowd says rely on yourself.
The Cross says rely on ME.

The crowd says earn your worth.
The Cross says I AM your worth.

The crowd says bear your burdens.
The Cross says nail them to ME.

The crowd says be happy.
The Cross says be HOLY.

The crowd says if it feels good, do it.
The Cross says for loves’ sake ENDURE it.

The crowd says honor yourself.
The Cross says HUMBLE yourself.

The crowd says do.
The Cross says DONE.

Too many times we get caught up in what the world tells us to do. We are constantly bombarded with words and images that drive us away from our eternal perspective. It's easy to ignore the soft whisper of Christ's words when the world is telling us to do what feels good or what feels right. The world tells us do, do, do. If the gospel of Jesus Christs were summed up to one word, it would be DONE. So what will it be The crowd...or The Cross?

Love ya'll!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment